B.ed, BTEC Dip. ID, MASC, MIWOC
Suzy Chiazzari is a pioneer in the field of Holistic Design, Green Colour psychology and Colour Therapy. She is the author of many books on colour, environmental design & natural living, founder of the Holistic Design Institute, Iris School of Colour Therapy & International Wheel of Colour Association. Suzy is a gifted holistic interior designer, experienced colour coach and counsellor, international lecturer and enthusiastic workshop leader. Her work has been featured on radio, television and in many publications and she is an affiliate of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
In her series of inspirational master classes, professional training and short courses Suzy shares with you her knowledge and experiences that changed her life, so that you too can enjoy the success and happiness offered by working with colour and design as a Healing Art. The affiliated distance learning colleges offer accredited courses for both professional and personal development and you can enjoy friendly support and personal advice from Suzy while you study.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
- Long established UKRLP registered and insured schools.
- Leading training college in a growing specialist fields of study.
- Beautiful accredited Diploma so you can practice your chosen field anywhere in the world.
- Friendly and supportive tutoring and personal attention by Suzy Chiazzari, our principal.
- Flexible start time and study at your own speed.
- Choice of study mode including by email, CD or lessons in workbooks (last option in UK only)
- Colour illustrated easy to follow and comprehensive course notes and other learning materials.
- Simple assessment system with flexible submission dates.
- Free one year membership of the HDI and IWOC to our graduates.
- After graduation support and social media forums.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Design for physical Health and well-being
- Create a healthy indoor climate by allowing houses to breathe using natural air flow and ventilation.
- Provide safe and healthy, air, water, light and good humidity levels.
- Create a quiet home, protected and insulated from invasive noise.
- Design a home full of natural light.
- Site the home away from harmful radiation, power lines and traffic pollution.
- Create a visually stimulating and tactile space.
Design for good mental health and peace of the spirit
- Use colour, textures and harmonious sound to create a personal therapeutic space.
- Make the home harmonious with its environment, blending with community, building styles, scale and local materials.
- Create flowing spaces that allow occupants to move freely around the building.
- Use shapes, size and proportions that link to human scale.
- Connect the home to the natural world and nature’s rhythms and cycles.
- Provide private quiet spaces where individual occupants can relax
Design for Health and Harmony of the Planet
- Site, orientation and shelter the home to make best use of renewable resources.
- Use green sustainable materials that are non-toxic and no-polluting.
- Design homes to complement natural mechanisms that regulate energy, heating, cooling, airflow and lighting.
- Use low energy materials that have low environmental impact and Fairtrade credentials.
- Provide adequate re-cycling space and storage for the occupants.
What is Holistic Design? Follow this link the an article written by our HDI principal Suzy Chiazzari